- Using leftover rice is the best! I used a combination of brown and white rice. Two cups cooked rice = 2/3 cup uncooked.
- Frozen prawns are super convenient to have on hand in the freezer – it is a good source of protein, and low in saturated fat.
- For a vegetarian version, use cubed tofu; can also use edamame for extra protein.
- Try to use at least equal amounts of vegetables to rice! This helps make this a nutritious meal, that helps meet your 5+ A Day of vegetables!
- Frozen vegetables are another staple in my household; they are affordable, last ages so you don’t have to worry about them going off, and versatile. I love using a combination of fresh and frozen in my meals, which keeps the cost down. Also, frozen vegetables are just as nutritious as fresh ones!